#GBBFromTheHeart Photo Exhibition Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be submitted from 9 to 21 July 2019, 23:59 hours (SGT) to qualify.
- All participating entries’ Instagram account must be public to be viewable by Gardens by the Bay in order to qualify as a valid entry.
- Entries shall be via Instagram or Facebook comments.
- Entries must contain the following hashtags: #GBBFromTheHeart #gardensbythebay, a short caption describing the photograph AND photograph must feature Gardens by the Bay.
- Entries will be judged based on the image posted on Instagram and caption provided.
- Participants may submit as many entries as they want by including the hashtags and captions, until the Closing Deadline.
- Photograph entries submitted must be the Participant’s own work.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photographs is not allowed. Basic enhancements and effects/ filters made available by phone applications are allowed.
- Should multiple users of the same Instagram account enter the Competition and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Participant, the authorised account holder of the said Instagram account at the time of submission will be considered the Participant and he/she will be required to comply with these Terms and Conditions. (“Authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by Instagram. Participants may be required to show proof of being the authorised account holder associated with their Instagram account.)
- Shortlisted Participants will be notified and may be asked to submit the original photograph, or the highest resolution/image quality of the photograph.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Each eligible Participant will stand a chance to be featured in “GBB from the heart” Exhibition and an A1 print out of their photo.
- Winners may collect their photo at Gardens by the Bay.
- Winners may be interviewed by the Organiser and the media. All winners consent to public disclosure of their names and the results of the Open Call.
- Gardens by the Bay reserves the right to change any term of the Open Call without prior notice and to substitute any prize with one of a similar value.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use the winners’ names, images, captions and comments relating to their Open Call experience for the purpose of the photo exhibition including any announcement or promotional, marketing or publicity purposes in any media without any fee being paid.
- By taking part in this Open Call, participants understand and accept without condition that Gardens by the Bay may elect to use your personal information contained herein for internal marketing purposes in a manner it deems fit whilst according your privacy or confidentiality with the highest priority.
- The Participant warrants that he/she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights to the photographs, images, content of the caption, and any creative work and materials entered for this Open Call (collectively, the “Materials”), and that he/she has not licensed or assigned any intellectual property rights in the Materials to any person.
- The Participant retains full copyright of the Materials entered for the Open Call.
- It is the legal responsibility of the Participant, not the Organiser, to ensure compliance with all ownership and copyright requirements to reproduce the Materials for this Competition.
- The Participant grants the Organiser a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, publicly display, print, edit or distribute any Materials submitted for the Competition in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by the Organiser for the purposes of promoting the Open Call, raising awareness for the Open Call and promoting Gardens by the Bay.
- Entries that do not fulfil the above criteria will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use, reproduce, publish, print, edit and distribute any Materials submitted for this Open Call for publication and/or display in any media format and any media channels without obtaining further prior permission and payment of any fees or royalty to the Participant. The Materials may be used for the following purposes:
- Operating, administering and promoting the Competition, before and after the Open Call has ended;
- Displaying the Participant’s Materials on the Competition website and/or the Organiser
- Issuing a media release or making media pitches with Materials regarding the shortlisted entries; and/or
- Usage of the Participant’s Materials during the Organiser’s roadshows, exhibitions and in publications both printed and online,
- Where any Materials of a Participant is published or displayed by the Organiser the Participant will be credited.
- Gardens by the Bay shall not be held liable in the event that the Open Call is terminated or scaled down or otherwise modified for any reason or cause beyond the control of the company.
- This Open Call is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram. Except for any liability that is stated by the law, Gardens by the Bay and Facebook and/or Instagram (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the organizer’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking of free tickets.